WELCOME TO MY KOKESHI BLOG

KOKESHI - The "Wooden Small Doll" of Japan.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here. Kokeshi dolls are my passion, specifically, making them! I make and sell very unique, customized Kokeshi Dolls. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further info about anything you see here.

If you like, go to http://woodluv.fa-ct.com/ and check out my other web site. It's older now, but it still shows some of my previous work, to give ideas.

And I have a new blog dedicated to my Pyrography Portraits, so if your interested in portrait art, go to:

http://pyrographyportraits.blogspot.ca/

Thursday, February 23, 2012

More Samurai Photos

 Here are the photos finally of Randy Martin's Samurai Kokeshi Doll.  He was very gracious to allow me to show more photos of his doll and to promote his Dojo Marial arts studio.  Check out his web site at:http://www.roninjj.com/home.html
 The Mon or crest is Randy Martins own which he uses on his web site.  The Japanese symbols on the Bo Staff say "Bo Staff" in Japanese. 
 And you may have noticed the car magazine tucked into his belt?  There is an old Ford Model A on the cover, of course.  He loves classic antique automobiles.




 The various symbols across the bottom are Japanese.  The vertical set shows the central symbols in the "Code of the Samurai" or "Way of the Warrior".  The rest are symbols showing his name and Title of Certification and Honor as a 6th level  Shihan Sensei, or Master,Teacher.
It was a real honor to be commissioned to make a Samurai Kokeshi Doll for Randy Martin.

No comments: