WELCOME TO MY KOKESHI BLOG

KOKESHI - The "Wooden Small Doll" of Japan.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here. Kokeshi dolls are my passion, specifically, making them! I make and sell very unique, customized Kokeshi Dolls. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further info about anything you see here.

If you like, go to http://woodluv.fa-ct.com/ and check out my other web site. It's older now, but it still shows some of my previous work, to give ideas.

And I have a new blog dedicated to my Pyrography Portraits, so if your interested in portrait art, go to:

http://pyrographyportraits.blogspot.ca/

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kokeshi Doll, Custom order Doctor Doll for Medical School Student

 This Kokeshi Doll was ordered for a beautiful girl by her parents for Christmas this last year.  She is currently studying to become a Doctor.  They gave me her photo so I was able to copy her bang style as well to give a hint of her likeness.
 The Kokeshi Dolls usually have short hair, unless I add the pig tails, but since she often wears her hair in a bun, they asked if I could show it that way.  I like the effect it gave of long, full hair pulled up.
 She absolutely loves her cat, so naturally, I had to include one =)

Pretty much anything is possible with a few photos and a little thought and creativity ...

Just a reminder, if you new to my blog, I love doing custom work, so if you'd like something made just specifically for someone you know, just contact me at:  woodluv@telus.net

No comments: