WELCOME TO MY KOKESHI BLOG

KOKESHI - The "Wooden Small Doll" of Japan.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here. Kokeshi dolls are my passion, specifically, making them! I make and sell very unique, customized Kokeshi Dolls. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further info about anything you see here.

If you like, go to http://woodluv.fa-ct.com/ and check out my other web site. It's older now, but it still shows some of my previous work, to give ideas.

And I have a new blog dedicated to my Pyrography Portraits, so if your interested in portrait art, go to:

http://pyrographyportraits.blogspot.ca/

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Custom Angel Kokeshi Doll with pony tail hair and cat

 I had the privilage of making some very special custom order Kokeshi Dolls for a wonderful lady.  This doll, especially, was fun to make.  She was for a girl that loves animals and loves her cat, specifically. 
 From the front directly, you can't see it, but she also has a fun flippy, cute little pony tail at the back of her head.
 This pony tail was custom made and had a lot of hand work to shape and contour it to the shape I wanted.  If you look closely, you can see her kitty is poking about in the grass hunting for bugs!
 
Here you can see her angel wings.  She is one of several that were in this order of Kokeshi Angels.
I like how the hair piece added some bounce and fun to her personality =)  Don't forget, if you'd like me to make a customized Kokeshi Doll for you, I'd love to!  You can contact me via my Etsy shop.  Custom work is the most fun =)

Hope your summer is off to a great start.  =)

Cheryl

No comments: