WELCOME TO MY KOKESHI BLOG

KOKESHI - The "Wooden Small Doll" of Japan.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here. Kokeshi dolls are my passion, specifically, making them! I make and sell very unique, customized Kokeshi Dolls. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further info about anything you see here.

If you like, go to http://woodluv.fa-ct.com/ and check out my other web site. It's older now, but it still shows some of my previous work, to give ideas.

And I have a new blog dedicated to my Pyrography Portraits, so if your interested in portrait art, go to:

http://pyrographyportraits.blogspot.ca/

Friday, April 26, 2013

Kokeshi Dolls Shop View "behind the scenes"!

 So every once in a while it's fun to see the "behind the scenes" stuff, right?  Well, here's "my corner".  This is where I turn logs into Kokeshi Dolls (pun intended)  =)
 I use Okanagan Birch for my dolls currently.  For turning and just overall subtle detail and beauty, Birch is beautiful.  I love it!
 And here's my special friends that help me pull out what my mind sees.  I have my personal favorites, of course, and use certain chisels for certain things...
 Here's a shot that shows the smaller display I use when I have folks coming by for a custom order pick up.  This just gives their Kokeshi Dolls the little platform center stage they deserve!  And the two peg dolls are just something I am also interested in making when I have more spare time!  (Spare time .... what's that!....)
 Here's a picture just showing my girls ( and a few boys) hanging out on their shelf, waiting for the next show...
 So they go from a piece of Birch log to an elegant, personal, sweet, simple Kokeshi Doll.  The transformation is all part of the fun for me.  I love seeing a doll in my mind and then going off to pull her out of the wood!
 We need a little whimsy  and simplicity in the world, don't you think?  I love making these simple wooden dolls.  They create a memory for some, a personal touch for others, and a for me, a tangible expression of my heart.
 If you want a truly unique and personal creation - made for you or for someone you know, I'd love to come up with something for you.


From my creative corner to yours ( I hope you have a creative little "something" that you do, we all have it in there somewhere and it needs to get out!) I hope you have a great and awesome day!  =)

Cheryl

No comments: