WELCOME TO MY KOKESHI BLOG

KOKESHI - The "Wooden Small Doll" of Japan.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here. Kokeshi dolls are my passion, specifically, making them! I make and sell very unique, customized Kokeshi Dolls. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further info about anything you see here.

If you like, go to http://woodluv.fa-ct.com/ and check out my other web site. It's older now, but it still shows some of my previous work, to give ideas.

And I have a new blog dedicated to my Pyrography Portraits, so if your interested in portrait art, go to:

http://pyrographyportraits.blogspot.ca/

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kokeshi Nativity

 To start off the New Year of Kokeshi Postings, I thought it would be fun to show this little Nativity set.  Each Kokeshi Doll stands aprox. 5" tall.  A little Mary and Joseph set dressed in Japanese clothing, why not  =)
 The Baby Jesus is about 1.5 inches long and rocks in his carved little cradle. He's fun to lift out of his bed and hold.
If you'd like a customized Kokeshi Nativity set, let me know.  I can make larger or smaller sets than this with more characters if you want, as well.  No two sets are ever the same, as I make each Kokeshi Doll individually with original designs.  Now's the time to order a set if you'd like one, since it's now a little less crazy than the fall closer to Christmas.  You can reach me by emailing me at:

woodluv@telus.net , or go to my Etsy shop and use the contact buttons there. 

So here they are, very sweet and unique, too  =)

Hope 2013 has started off well for everyone!
Cheryl - Woodluv Kokeshi Dolls

No comments: