WELCOME TO MY KOKESHI BLOG

KOKESHI - The "Wooden Small Doll" of Japan.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here. Kokeshi dolls are my passion, specifically, making them! I make and sell very unique, customized Kokeshi Dolls. Please feel free to contact me at any time for further info about anything you see here.

If you like, go to http://woodluv.fa-ct.com/ and check out my other web site. It's older now, but it still shows some of my previous work, to give ideas.

And I have a new blog dedicated to my Pyrography Portraits, so if your interested in portrait art, go to:

http://pyrographyportraits.blogspot.ca/

Monday, January 16, 2012

My most recent custom order Kokeshi Dolls

 This little girl will be traveling to England as a gift for a lady from her sister here in Canada. I may even get a photo of her once she's there. If I do, I'll be sure to post it. Little world travelers - if only they could talk! 

The order was for dragon flies and wild grass along with the cherry blossom.  Dragon flies are special between the two sisters and so they add a personal touch to this Kokeshi doll.


 This Kokeshi girl is another one I made along with the one above.  Sometimes I will make two for one custom order if I want one for my own inventory as I prepare for shows. I get people calling  sometimes to see what I have readily available for special gifts, as well, so this helps keep my stock up. I love her long lashes!
She has dragon flies as well, with wild grass.  Her body shape shape is considered more traditional.  Both of the dolls have the note hole under the head so a personal message can go inside as a surprise for someone special.  (It's also fun to lift the head off to find a note inside - people like taking the heads off!)

No comments: